Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Tuesday's Treasure


My treasure today is oranges. You see yesterday I stopped by Moma A's house to pick some to use for my dinner that night (salmon marinade ~ yum!!) but as I walked to the grove I was by myself. It was quiet and the birds were singing. When I got down to the grove the first thing that hit me was the wonderful scent of orange blossoms. As I picked my bag of luscious fruit, I was happy and sad at the same time. Happy that I was getting more delicious oranges, but sad, because with the orange trees in blossom, it is signaling the end of a season and time. We will still have oranges for several more weeks, but then we have to wait again. It was nice being in the grove being able to think, and just take in the wonderful gift that God gave us in something as simple as oranges. They truly are a treasure ~ especially for Riversiders!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the orange blossom smell! That is one reason why we bought our house, but then they tore out all of the orange trees!

Mrs. Dunbar said...

AHHH. Orange blossoms and orange beer, reason enough to live in Riverside.