Sunday, March 22, 2009

And the Winner Is.......




Today after church we conducted an official taste test of sorts. As posted on Tuesday, my neighbor and friend is a Shamrock Shake fan like me. However, we live very close to a Carl's Jr restaurant as well. This posses a funny problem, as Carl's is having their own minty shake with Oreo tidbits in it this season as well. So to be fair, we decided to have a taste test. So after church we met them at our Carl's Jr (they went to first service). We strategically got water cups so that we would not be swayed by cup difference, and shut our eyes while our spouse fed us the straw. We had option one and two changing every time someone took a part in the contest. Out of the four kids, two participated. The winner for the best shake was.........Carl's Mint Oreo. However, it was very close, much closer than we could have guessed. My personal vote, if getting in the car to go get a shake was still for the Shamrock goodness that I love, and it wasn't just out of nostalgia either.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too funny! I love me a Shamrock shake!!! Half the time the young workers at McDonald's don't even seem to know what they are! For awhile there, McDonald's didn't even have them anymore. It's been so great to have them the last couple of years. I hate Carl's Jr's ads, so I won't even go there, but any time you want to meet for a Shamrock shake, give me a call!

Miss you!

Chantelle

Heidi Thompson said...

It was fun! :9