Saturday, February 28, 2009

Changing of Seasons

I love it when the seasons are about to change. I can not honestly say that I like one season over the next because every time I am tempted to do so, I remember why I love them all. I look forward to the change, the amount of sunshine that we get, and the colors that come with each season. I look forward to doing the simple things that bring a smile to my face around the house, such as changing the kitchen towels, or the flavor of candles that will come with that season. I like the debate that goes on in my head on whether or not it is time to change out the flannel sheets and go back to the regular ones and vise versa. The simple decorations that change on the mantel, or the family pictures that will come more into focus around the house. It is fun to walk the garden aisles at Target and picture what my plants are going to look like. The simple decision of what color to paint my toes to match the mood and the season ~ orange Mrs. Dunbar??? In essence I feel like God gave us the seasons to enjoy the fresh breathe of difference. To look at the season as a different time to see the majesty of what God does for us. So as we prepare to say good~bye to winter, and hello to spring.......look for the butterflies in mass, the colors of flowers everywhere and the trees blooming ~ it can be breath taking.

2 comments:

Mrs. Dunbar said...

beautiful post, i like orange and garden aisles at target. is that a girl's date i'm picturing?

April said...

Man... now I want to go shopping!