Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Tuesday's Treasure




Today's treasure might seem a bit unusual.....but here it goes. My treasure for the week is the rain. I, unlike most So. Cal residents love the rain. I treasure the fact that we don't get THAT much of it during the year. I love the sound it makes against the windows, even though I know that it means I am going to have to clean them........later. I love the fact that it cleans the streets, lets us have a REASON for drinking hot chocolate, and just generally smells wonderful. I think it is wonderful that today is only a whopping 44 degrees outside and tonight, if the rain stays it might actually snow a little at our house. Rain brings the opportunity to put on my polka dot rain boots and go splashing in the rain puddles with the kiddos. I love that with the rain, it brings winter into reality and that to me is wonderful considering that it is February, we will have enough warm glorious days. It won't stick around forever, I don't want to move to Seattle ~ yet, but for this week, I will treasure the rain and cuddle up with my Valentines for warmth!

1 comment:

Anna Cecilia said...

I love the rain too. "Rain" has been a big theme for me this past year. It was just in January last year that I asked Jesus to "Bring the Rain," (that song by Mercy Me really ministered tp me). Anyway, as you know, it's been pouring over here at casa de Blough. And I mean pouring. But all that rain has done something fabulous. It started washing away all that dirt and grime from my heart and rinsed away the film from my eyes so that I could see better. God is faithful to use suffering for good.