Thursday, January 15, 2009

No Drama

A while back, probably close to a year ago, Mr. C. and I developed "No Drama Wednesdays". It started as a day for us to be relaxed. A day when we could not fight because it was a no drama day. If there was something that was SUPER worth it, I guess the rule could have been broken, but thankfully it hasn't been. It also was a nice reminder should either one of us start to go down the drama path, all the other had to say was "It's Wednesday", end of discussion. Now I can't say that this is a healer for all marriages, in all problems, but for where we were at, it worked for us, and still does more as a joke.

Then the rule started to be contagious........Not only could we not bring up our own drama, but we couldn't adopt other people's drama either. So if a friend called and was sort of grumpy, well I am not going to take that monkey on my back because I can't, it's Wednesday. Not that I wasn't there for people mind you, it just was that their own drama had to stay on their drama island, and I had to stay on mine.

What then made Wednesdays better was ~ Happy Hour!!! Oh, that is right, my sister in law whom I carpool with got wind of No Drama day, and we made it into Happy Hour day as well. Now, I can't think of a better midweek day to put a little fun into it and just be.....talk with a friend, and most important laugh! The kids love it too because they get to play and put off homework for a bit longer. How can you be grumpy with a Margarita or Mojito to soften the day? Others have joined us on our Wednesday Happiness, and you know what their comment is......"Does this happen EVERY Wednesday, because I might just need a reason to come on over." I encourage you to have a happy day or even adopt Wednesdays.....it is good for your marriage, friendships, and most importantly your sanity!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just wish every day could be a no drama day :)

Mrs. Dunbar said...

Mark your calendar, I'm coming over for margaritas next Wednesday!

Anna Cecilia said...

Like it. No drama Wednesday's. What a refreshing interruption to the week.

Anonymous said...

i didn't know about this, so the day i stopped by on wednesday i thought you guys were just alkies...

Heidi Thompson said...

Just found your blog!

I like this "no drama day" idea. Might be adopting this one in our household!

Anonymous said...

LOVE this creative (and simple!) idea. Thanks for the book recommendation (looks good--I got "The Kite Runner" from the library, but can't bring myself to start it for some reason), and for including me in your "blogging friends". Wish I could pop over in real life on a Wednesday :)