Monday, January 12, 2009

My Knight in Shining Armor


Today, my hubby was my Knight in Shining Armor. You see, it started with a slightly rough morning. I had just dropped the big kids off at school and had a few minutes to run into Target for a birthday gift, but time was slightly tight before taking Missy to school. So like me, I was on the phone with Mrs. Dunbar, and as I was getting out of the car, giggling.....I shut the locked door!!! As you might predict, my keys were in the car, now locked safely inside. So I reluctantly got off the phone with Mrs. Dunbar, and called hubby. He was so amazing and patient with his cooky wife who blundered again. But alas, he came riding in his blue stead of a car, and rescued Missy and I waiting for him outside of the store. Then he took us all to preschool drop off. He was loving and patient, but most of all was able to laugh with me through my morning. The worst part........My coffee was with the keys - oy!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, NO! I have done this too--not good!!! On top of the morning fun, you have an afternoon full of blog issues!!! Tomorrow will be a better day!!! :)

Anonymous said...

That is funny :) Isn't it great when they react just the way you need them too :)

Anna Cecilia said...

The year before last, before we got a new car that was smarter than me, I used up all my AAA roadside service calls in 3 months because I would always, ALWAYS, lock my keys in the car! Sadly, my hubby was not as patient as yours.

Welcome to the blog world! I'm so excited for you.

Mrs. Dunbar said...

Ha. I'm glad things worked out for you. Oh the tales we live to tell.
Thanks for the Disney tip, we had fun.