Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Tuesday's Treasure




San Francisco is my treasure, a true highlight for the summer. When we first got married, my parents gave us this word of advice: Every year, starting now, go away for your anniversary. Now, we do not always go away during our anniversary, especially now that we have kids and got married on a holiday weekend, however we do go away. So on Saturday, we packed our bags, dropped off the kids and puppy at Nana's, and headed to the airport. We spent four days in San Francisco being a couple, not parents. We got the opportunity to sleep in, dine out, eat lots of fish, and just be adults without an agenda, or kids. I love my kids, but this was bliss and truly needed for our relationship. We rode on a go-car, a rocket boat, and of course a trolley car. We had a blast just being us and remembering what "us" is. I didn't leave my heart in San Francisco, as the song goes, but I did renew my heart! Love you Babe!!!

5 comments:

Mrs. Dunbar said...

So glad you guys had a good time. You both look really relaxed and in-love!!! Congrats on your anniversay.

Still want to do Friday?

Anonymous said...

Looks like you two had a great time :)

Cathy said...

Good for you two! We're trying to figure out if we can get away to Dallas this fall by ourselves. You inspire :)

Anonymous said...

fun trip! I had no idea you guys were up there too. haha.

LisaR said...

Apparently, we are copying you all summer. First Pismo, now San Francisco. We are flying up there on Friday to watch my cousin perform in a concert and are staying until Sunday. Is it really as cold up there as it is in Pismo? I will have to be more prepared this time.