Monday, August 31, 2009

Seasons are Changing.........

The seasons are about to change. I am not talking about Summer to Fall, we still have some time for that, but more quickly approaching is the change in my life seasons.

My little Missy has one week left before entering Kindergarten, Bubba going to Third grade. We have one week left, before both kids leave the house at 7:45 and come home around 3:30. I am somewhat apprehensive at what this road will look like.

For the last eight years, I have had at least one little one, home most of the time. I have had someone going with me to Bible Studies, BSF, Costco, Target, or the grocery store. I have had to work around naps, snacks, and constantly knowing where the precious blankey is, for both of my kids are Linus. I have treasured my role, been frustrated at times of having to watch Big Bird yet one more time, and being content and blessed just knowing that this morning I don't have to rush my babies to childcare like I did when Bubba was little. However, now that this season is coming to a close, I am conflicted with emotion. I do see the light at the end of the tunnel, but also am feeling a deep loss for my season that is ending.

For me change is always received with apprehension. I don't anticipate changes well. What does this next season look like with two kids in school? What does it look like to manage homework for two, sports, church activities, and general life? These are the questions that are left unanswered at the moment. Yet, my fears are soothed by the fact and comfort that I LOVE the school my kids attend. They are going to an environment that is so RIGHT for them, and will enrich them in ways that make them grow. They not only grow academically, artistically, but more importantly are strongly encouraged to grow spiritually.

I have one more week, with both of my kids to enjoy summer. So this week, I am trying to focus on the positive and have fun with them. For what is keeping my sanity, is knowing that there is a time for everything........

For everything there is a season, a time for every activity under Heaven (Ecclesiastes 3:1)...
(Life application according to me, no sacrilege intended)

A time for blankies, footie pajamas, and diaper buns,
A time for naps, snacks and Big Bird,

A time for Preschool, play dates, and being with Mom,
A time for completely independents in the bathroom,

A time for backpacks, lunch pails, and school supplies,

A time for Mom to have time to herself and get things done,

A time for a Heavenly Father to make sure that we are in HIS care,

A time for God to prepare me for the next adventure on this roller coaster we are on called life.

4 comments:

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

Oh, good luck with this transition!! I hope it's a smooth one for you.

Cathy said...

Hugs from Ohio :) Aren't we glad that the One who created "seasons" walks beside us through them?

Tibbetts Fam said...

Well said.

LisaR said...

Oh, I am right there with you. It is my second year with both girls going full day, but I still am not looking forward to the busyness that the school year brings. This summer is going way too fast. I worry about how Bella is going to adjust to the girls and me being gone. She has been so good summer. She absolutely loves having us home everyday. Sigh...