Friday, August 07, 2009

Hostess Gift


Tonight we had our good friends over for dinner. We did the traditional "What time should we be there? Can I bring anything?" Yada Yada.

Here is when you KNOW you have great friends.......They show up with your favorite beer that you were just craving, that they introduced you to. I didn't ask them to bring it, they just brought it on top of the salad that was requested. Then they also brought brownies to go with the ice cream that I had promised for dessert! Who doesn't like brownies and ice cream together?????

The topping of the cake was the hostess gift that was hidden away for me to find. I am SURE that my friend didn't want me to make a big deal over the gift and get embarrassed. I am POSITIVE that her humble and kind spirit, knew that I would appreciate such a gesture and wanted it to be a surprise. What did I find? None other than this fabulous Louis Vuitton handbag. Some friends are just worth keeping for lifetimes!!!! Man oh man, am I going to enjoy this generous gift!!! ;)

5 comments:

Cathy said...

No way!!! Beer, brownies, and a BAG!

Anonymous said...

Hee hee, I LOVE that bag & I am so happy you guys had a great time :)

Tibbetts Fam said...

I can probably guess who! And that is awesome!!!!

Mrs. Dunbar said...

My dear sweet friend, You know I'd buy you one if I could!
Love, Me

LisaR said...

Wow! You do have some great friends! I think you should cook for them more often :)