Friday, August 28, 2009

Beach Bums

Yesterday, my SIL and I took advantage of the fact that we are not back in school yet, and escaped to the beach for the day. I packed lunch for the kiddos, and she packed crab ceviche for us. The beach is part of my element. The sound of the crashing waves, the smell of the ocean, the saltiness in the air, and seeing the blue sky touch the blue green waves, this is Heaven to me while on Earth. I love sitting on the beach, watching the kids play, and seeing one of God's amazing creations right there.
The kids had a blast playing in the waves. There were some swells that easily cleared 8 or 10 feet, and came to shore with a vengeance. When these swells came, you could almost see the anger of the waves, while being protected on shore. The boogie boarding boys were delighted as they played and "surfed" where it was still safe. The girls, were a bit more timid, but enjoyed the waves all the same, and collected some great shells.
The day was amazing, and it got us away from the
117 degree weather

at home. Oh, you read that right! We don't normally get this hot, but at least we were blessed to have an escape. It was one more day I get to dig my feet into the sand before facing sending my littlest off to school.

6 comments:

Cathy said...

really? 117? REALLY?! the beach truly was the place to be!

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a great time :)

Amber said...

We were just a few feet away from that ez up in your picture. I totally remember seeing that family on our way out. Probably walked right by you and didn't even know it! Glad you had a great time... the waves were pretty crazy, Ethan thought he was Kelly Slater!

tesberi said...

Awesome. We, on the other hand,baked here.

Anonymous said...

oh my. where do you live? A hot day at the beach! My favorite!!!

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

Okay... I'm a fan of your blog now... AND...you like Twilight? Me too!!

I'm so thrilled you stopped by to visit and say hello to me.

I will be visiting again very soon girlfriend. Have a wonderful rest of the weekend!

Blessings,
LMM