Monday, June 01, 2009

Poor Baby






My little (or not so little) Bubba, inherited my mouth. As much as I prayed while pregnant and then afterward, God apparently said ~um, no on this one. You see our problem is that our mouths are way too small for all of our teeth. Baby teeth are fine, Adult teeth are the enemy. So like me, my son is in braces early, he had his palate spread, and today had teeth pulled.

Let me clarify ~ he had 4 teeth pulled. This includes 4 numbing shots per tooth, 4 stitches, and two of them as they were being extracted actually made a POP sound like suction was being popped. It was so cool. I could have been a surgeon , doctor, or surgical nurse for sure!

So the pictures document our day. When we got home, he did what boys can do and spit, thus making the clots loosen and the bleeding to start again ~ OY! But my son is a TROOPER!!! The surgeon said, that Bubba was his BEST patient, especially for being 8! What great news to hear for a Mom. After movies, milk shakes, and just hanging out, this day has been pretty great. Missy has been in HEAVEN having Bubba home to play (she currently is playing house with him and her babies. He is the big brother in the game ~ go figure).

2 comments:

Tibbetts Fam said...

Poor guy. He looks thrilled.

Anonymous said...

ohh, poor guy!!!! the dentist is NO fun!