Friday, June 05, 2009

Thanks Homework!

So for the last few summers, Bubba gets a new chore. I figure just because it is summer, doesn't mean he can't learn something, and Me do all the work around the house. So we have learned things like: make the bed, put away laundry, take out the trash. These are lifelong lessons. Well, because the end of the school year is fast approaching, I was thinking about what chore would be added to his list (Missy's too by the way). I was stumped for some reason, but then came home his homework.........Aha, my problem was solved!

As the last week of homework, they have had some quirky things: sign language math, a coloring sheet, basically things that were pointless but kept them in the habit I guess. The other part of their homework has been the $1 chore. For two nights this week, they have had to do an unique chore for a dollar. The money is then being collected to donate a wheelchair to someone in need in a different country. The idea is sweet, and teaches the kids compassion. So Bubba's first night he had to scoop the Kitty Poop (Mr. C. was thrilled for the help). The second night started his new chore: empty the dishwasher. AHA!!! LOVED the help, and the idea of not having to do this chore anymore. Well, except for the glass plates that are put up high, but that I can manage that part!

1 comment:

Tibbetts Fam said...

That's Macey chore. I love it! She does it before school. Then I can load the dishwasher all day and run it after dinner! Fabulous!!!