Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Tuesday's Treasure

My treasure this week is friendships.....
Lately I have been reminded at just how blessed I am with the friends that I have been given. I am not talking about the superficial friends, but the real deal. The friends you call (or your kids call) when your house almost burns down (not my story, but you know who you are). The friends you call, when life goes for the major roller coaster ride. The ones who invite you over for dinner, and it is leftovers. The people who arrive in sweats at your house. When you call on the phone, it probably means you will spend some of your time talking to the munchkins as well. They were there for weddings, kids birth, and the new puppy, because it was happening in life. The friends that are with you for more time than you can remember...........and you can't imagine your world without them, wherever they are.

We were blessed to visit with some of these friends last weekend. We have known the Brunners for 15 years now. We haven't seen each other in 6 years. They got to come to our neck of the woods for a conference he needed to attend. Given the opportunity to 1) hang out with them and 2) go to the Beach, my Honey and I were there! We had a great time reconnecting about the new things in life, and laughing at the old memories.

What I love about true friends is this: the time lapse doesn't matter, for when you are together, it is as if you were never apart. For that moment, all is right in the world for you are together.

Smooches and Hugs to my friends, for I love you all!

3 comments:

Cathy said...

I agree! I love the saying "it takes a long time to grow an old friend" :)

And here's to blogging friends...one of life's biggest (and sweetest) surprises!

Anonymous said...

My favorite part of this post is when you invite real friends over for dinner and it's leftovers. Those are the best kinds of friends there are!

The Flying Bee said...

I love spending time with my close friends. I just recently did that. We hadn't seen each other is so long, but it was like we had never been apart! So glad that yall had a good time!