Thursday, October 29, 2009

Highly Recommended


If anyone pays attention to my reading list, you will notice a lot of books by D. Henderson. Can I just say that I lOVE her books? The series that I have been reading is called the O'Malley series. What ties the books together, is that each of the O'Malleys are siblings, who all have these wonderful jobs. There is action, romance, unpredictable outcomes, and what I love most, is the undeniable TRUTH that she preaches within every story. Each character, has their moments of unbelief in God and His abilities. But they also have their triumphs and realization that HE is there, taking care of them. There is a prequel to the O'Malley series called: Danger in the Shadows, a great place to start, but you don't have to read it first per say (although highly recommended). In fact, my Mom has read the books out of order on accident, and it hasn't impaired her love of the series. She did however comment that you loose a bit of the history of relationships going out of order.

Dee Henderson's other books are just as good, hold just as much suspense, and preach just as much truth. If you need a good read, here is a great place to start!

4 comments:

Mrs. Dunbar said...

Ummmm, when can I come over and borrow one?

Want to do a book club? Say... one wednesday night a month, your house? Hey, its just an idea...but that's what real friends do right, invite themselves on over?

Tammie said...

I am also a Dee Henderson fan and have read that entire series! Loved the characters and the spiritual struggles which they overcame. I enjoy your blog.

Anonymous said...

Great idea Irene!

Angela said...

Ok I need some new books to read so thanks for the recommendations. I will give them a read Love ya!!!!