Friday, September 11, 2009

Remember........

I remember so clearly the early morning phone call from a friend announcing that we were under attack. I remember rushing downstairs, to see the first tower fall, and the second plane hit. After dropping off Bubba with my Mom, I learned the news that no one in my family knew where my cousin was. Pure panic went through our family as her school is right next to the towers. I remember hearing the threats all the way to school, knowing that my husband works in a government office, and was on his way there. The fear I felt, when Hubby called my cell phone during class (unheard of people!) to tell me he was evacuated and told to go home. The visual memory of the images that day still haunt me. We found my cousin safe, four days later, and heard her gruesome tale. Knowing that we were one of the blessed few who got good news.

A few years ago, Mr. C. and I went to NYC, for our anniversary. On tour of the downtown area, I chose to not go to ground zero. I couldn't. I am an extremely visual person, and I have spent time in those towers with my cousin. I have wonderful memories, and then horrible images in my head from that gruesome day.

In honor of those who lost their lives on that day, I will not forget. This is our generations "Where were you moment" that truly matters in our history. I am flying our flag in memory of the heroes of that day. I look forward to the day, when the evil of this world is cast into the Lake of Fire, and dealt with once and for all. When the TRUE King rules over us all.

1 comment:

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

It was so emotional wasn't it? I'll never forget that morning.