Monday, September 07, 2009

Happy Labor Day


Labor Day has it's history dating back to the 1800's. However, our FATHER has it dating back further than that. I was deeply challenged this past year, on taking days off. Having days of rest, really keeping a Sabbath day free of work. So on this day, that our nation recognizes, I am focusing on what God says about rest, and our labor.
Rosie the Riveter, has a point: WE CAN DO IT!!! We can take a day and focus on God, family, and friends. Enjoy a last hurrah before school starts, and the unofficial end of summer. Enjoy your day friends, and focus on what matters.
Genesis 2:2 on the seventh day God had finished HIS work of creation, so HE rested from all His work.
Exodus 23:12 You have six days each week for your ordinary work, but on the seventh day you must STOP working.......It allows you to be refreshed. (message repeated 5 more times in Exodus)
1 Chronicles 28:20 ....Be Strong and courageous, and DO the work. don't be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord God, my God is with you . He will not fail you or forsake you.
Psalm 127: 2 It is useless for you to work so hard from early morning until late at night, anxiously working for food to eat; for God gives rest to his loved ones.
2Corinthians 12:9 "My Grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness ." So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me.
Ephesians 6:7 Work with enthusiasm, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people.
Philippians 1:6 And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue HIS work until it is finally finished on the Day when Christ Jesus returns.

No comments: