Thursday, May 07, 2009

Treasure

A week or so ago, my friend, e-mailed a group of us to join her for our own Mother's Day celebration. You see, at this spa on Wednesdays for the month of May, we thought every mother got in for 1/2 price. Who couldn't use a spa day for 1/2 price???? Bonus for me, because it was Wednesday, I would have childcare / kids in school until 2:45. What a blessing I thought.

We get to the spa, after Starbucks (of course) and we sadly learned that the deal is not quite what the add made it seem like. We got in, but only the second person was 1/2 price, not every Mom which after reading the add 50 bazillion times, it makes it sound like. Oh well, we were at the spa. We spent the day lounging, sun bathing with sunscreen, and just being. It was great, relaxing and a welcome relief from the stresses of life. The part Mr. C. loved is that I had a gift card from Christmas, so it cost us nothing out of pocket.

So for all the Moms out there, who live near here (sorry Cathy!) if you want to go to the spa and take another Mom, or your Mom, know that one of you is getting in 1/2 price, and the pools are waiting for you. The Club Mud is refreshing (my skin is still glowing) and the atmosphere is kid free ~ Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Well, if Travelocity has a great deal on airfare, and if I have 3 garage sales in the next two days, and if I donate plasma, and stay at your house or Mrs. Dunbar's...I can go!

What a wonderful day. I feel refreshed just reading your words :) Truly!