Monday, May 25, 2009

Happy Memorial Day




We are a Patriotic family. Both Mr. C. and I grew up knowing what it meant to have fathers who served in the military. To have Grandfather's who fought in WWI and WWII. It is a part of what makes up our family, and a tradition I hope to pass on to my kids.

Today, started as it does every Memorial Day with watching the Thunder for Freedom Parade that goes by our house. Thousands of Harley motorcycles, or whatever other variety going on to the National Cemetery. We stand, wave, and yell with glee as Veteran's and families go by in honor of those who have lost their lives for our freedom.

The rest of the day was fun and relaxing, just being a family. We went for a walk with the Puppy, played at the park, and then made a family dinner. This is what memories are made of. The official kick off of summer, eating outside, and just enjoying the simpleness of it all. (See pictures!)
Thank you to all who have served our country, it is a job that I could not have done, but am a supporter. Apparently you are suppose to fly your flag from Memorial Day until the Fourth of July, to participate in the official Flag season. I hope my blog is a tribute to some of that.

2 comments:

Mrs. Dunbar said...

Glad you guys celebrated and honored the holiday.
I told Mr. D I wanted a flad for the front of the house and do you know what he told me?? "Oh great one more of YOUR ideas that cause me more work." HUH? Putting up a flat is apparently WORK. Goodness.

PS Your meal looks dee-lish.

Cathy said...

Look at your blog! Beautiful new design!

I am so thankful your fathers and grandfathers served so that I could have freedom. I get teary thinking of their sacrifices. What a legacy of service they left for you and generations to come!