Friday, May 08, 2009

I love Preschool

I am a huge advocate for preschool. I love the practice that it has given my kids for the "real world" of school. I love that they have little friends whom they learn with and have to learn to get along with. I love the growing process of it all.

This year has been a bitter sweet time, as I am coming to a close with our preschool. This month, I made my very last payment to the school, in all likelihood for my lifetime. We have been to our last Costume parade, Thanksgiving Feast, Christmas program, Daddy's pancake breakfast, and Mother's Tea. We are gearing up for our End of Year program.

Today was Mother's Tea in honor of Mother's Day. It made me cry. The kids worked so incredibly hard on place mates, center pieces, and a gift that I can treasure. The teachers are the waitresses, as if they need to serve us more. The kids sang about 6 songs that honored us and told us how much we are loved, with hand motions!! We could if we chose, consume the terrible kid made butter (experience tells you to stay away) and the legendary handmade mints (that actually are not that bad). Missy remembered which color of mint she had made just for me, and just for her. They are learning through this process that it is the little things that matter and make the Mom's cry. The kids didn't need to be reminded to use their manners, because again that is something they have worked on all year in class.

This morning was the last time, I will sit in a chair that is too low to the ground, where my legs aren't coming close to fitting under the table, all with my child on my lap, while sharing a space ment for one, and I will miss it. I treasure today and all that went into it. The biggest disappointment in it all ~ I forgot the camera! There is a professional photographer there, but as for Missy singing, or us together, I will have to rely on friends to share with me the moments they got to capture.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

"Bittersweet" is the perfect word. What treasures we moms carry in our hearts. No wonder we cry at Hallmark commercials!