Friday, December 11, 2009

Correction....

I feel like I am writing for our town's newspaper and need to submit a correction. Actually, maybe better stated a clarification.......

Yesterday's events were horrific. Thankfully, they are NOT as bad as we have seen in our house. OY!!! I digress....... Anyway, yesterday Bubba did retrieve the ball out of the tree. Then being an eight year old boy, he was going to throw it again for his puppy. Puppy being a knuckle headed goofball of a dog, with an extremely large blockhead jumped up in excitement and smashed into my son's face. That is how the said gruesome story unfolded. Even though our dog has worn a cape a time or two, to become Underdog, or Super Puppy he does not have flying abilities ~ yet. He does have great jumping abilities.

This isn't our first collision with puppy trying to do good gone wrong, and something tells me it won't be our last. However, Bubba was cheerful about it today until the recess duty teacher told him he couldn't play soccer. That tore my son's heart right open and wounded him more than the physical pain he is in. She wasn't willing to risk additional trauma to the mouth, and there is part of me who agrees, and a VERY big part of me that almost cried with my little guy.

He came home and played soccer with his dog.

2 comments:

The Flying Bee said...

Hey Girlie!

Just catching up on all your posts. Love the cookie sheet tip! We have legos everywhere! Hope all goes well with getting the job. I will be praying about it. Have a wonderful day!

xo,
Adrienne

Mrs. Dunbar said...

They wouldn't let him play soccer? Why, does he have a cast on his face? Poor Bub, I've a got a little guy who'd love to play soccer with him.