Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Whew.....!


I am a rule follower. THAT is a big part of who I am. Last week, I was told, by Federal Jury duty cyber phone voice, that I was not to call in again until Sunday night. So.....Sunday night I called in, only to be told by cyber woman, that I was to report for jury duty at 7:45 on Tuesday, December 8th and to call back on Monday night for further instructions. YIKES!!! However, I was excited that at least I had a day's notice to prepare for my day. I could arrange for childcare, make sure that the kids on my caseload were prepared that I wasn't coming, and basically get ready for what may come.

Monday night, I called back like instructed. Then much to my amazement, the cyber voice said "Thank you for your time, your jury services has been fulfilled. You do not need to report for the rest of the week." Hear the Hallelujah Chorus? Do you hear the trumpets, horns, and tambourines? I sure did after listening to the message for a second time.

So after preparing my kids, my students, and the teachers I work with, that I WOULDN'T be there today, I showed up. I serviced my kids like normal, and had a great Tuesday.

Hope your day was just as happy!

No comments: