Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Additition problem......

What do you get when you add one boy playing ball, one puppy who wants the ball, and one tree? The answer in my world: is an EMERGENCY trip to the Dentist, to see if the hospital is next!

Yep, that was my afternoon. I had sent Bubba outside to play with the puppy. It makes them both happier come homework time. He had just checked in with me, and told me about the NFL kick that put the ball in the tree. I being a responsible parent, told him to retrieve the said ball and then come in and finish homework. We have a BIG report due tomorrow after all. What do I hear as doing homework with Missy? THE BLOOD CURDLING SCREAM!!!! I run outside to find my son with a bloody face. After rushing him to the kitchen, and applying pressure, I soon realized this was worse than I feared. I called the dentist, and he said come right down.

We sped down to the dentist.....figured if I got pulled over, they could look in the back at WHY I was speeding. We got right in at the dental office. WHEW!! The dentist looked at his mouth and lips, and assessed that we just barely made it to the point of NO stitches. Bub's braces actually helped save his teeth from being too damaged. His lip will heal, as will the cut in his mouth, but it looks NASTY. Just know this, because I value you, I saved you from the gore of pictures. Should be interesting tomorrow at school.

When we got home, Koda was VERY sorry and laid at Bubba's feet while he did the homework and finished his report. He even gave Bubba an "I AM sorry" slobbery kiss which made Bubba giggle.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

aww, poor guy! hope he is feeling better soon! mouth injuries hurt!

Mrs. Dunbar said...

Hope Bubba is okay. I'm sure Koda felt horrible. So glad there were no stitches involved. I'll call you tomorrow for details.

cathy said...

Oh man, I bet a few gray hairs sprouted on your lovely head last night! How was Koda involved in the tree fall? (do you have a tree-clumbing dog?!)

Anonymous said...

poor kid and his lips!