Sunday, November 15, 2009

The Sweetest Words EVER!!!


The sweetest words a parent of a missing child can hear is: "I have her!!! I have her!!! SHE is here with me. Come and get her." These are the words that my friend got to hear after her four year old walked away from the family at the soccer fields. After being able to witness the reunion of Mom and child (still bringing tears to my eyes by the way), I began to seriously ponder.......

God must feel the same way when HE receives this message. The Holy Spirit or Christ comes across the phone and says :"WE have her. She is now safe. She is now here." You see, I don't often think of myself as a child, why would I? But that is indeed what I am . I am a child of God.

Yet after this event, it occurred to me how many times I have wondered away from my Heavenly Father. Not super far, still where my Heavenly Father can find me, and me HIM, but wondered. Chasing butterflies, off in my own mind, seeking things that I think I need to go after, only to be drawn further away from HIM. I have created the need to be found. You see, the child in this story wasn't intentionally trying to give her parents the fear of their lives and a heart attack. She was being four, and allowed herself to get distracted and wonder further than she thought she was. But I have been guilty of the same thing.
The beauty of this story, and the spiritual tie, is that my friend was not angry, she was just happy to have her lovely girl back in her arms. The prodigal son, has the same ending - rejoicing of the lost one found. Looking back, I shamefully have wondered on more than one occasion, yet received the forgiveness and hugs of coming back to where I belong. I hope that after experiencing this with my friend, I will learn the lesson before I wonder again. Somehow now that I am a parent myself, the story of the prodigal son has new meaning.

4 comments:

Cathy said...

What a beautiful image. You bless :)

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

Well said... I have often felt this very way!

Blessings,
Sasha

Tibbetts Fam said...

Um I'm crying again. Can't bring myself to blog about it yet.

The Flying Bee said...

Absolutely beautiful! I love this post. :)

xo,
Adrienne