Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I Want to Be.......


I had the Under Roos at the age of 6 or so. She was so cool! Bullet reflector bracelets, red boots, reflector and weather proof hair, an invisible plane.....the list goes on and on. Who wouldn't want to be Wonder Woman today?

If I WERE able to be Wonder Woman.......I would be able to work a full week as the teacher of first grade and come home with energy, with complete patience for my own family. I would be able to pull together delicious meals every night this week, instead of banana pancakes that are on the menu tonight. I would have had something brewing in the Crock Pot all day, so our home would smell wonderful upon the arrival of the family and hubby coming home. The laundry would be done folded, and put away. The house would be clean and the garden freshly spruced up. In the mornings, I wouldn't be cranky and urging my kids out the door, unusually and possibly ungodly early. My hair, nails, and make-up would be flawless. Traffic, smaffic as I sailed with five kids in the invisible plane over drivers who can't drive. I could save people from the injustices in the world, and still have time to buy that birthday present I need by Thursday. Oh, I would be unstoppable!

Since, the job has already been filled, I guess I will take one day at a time. I will do the best with what I have, and I will be a Philippians 4:13 Mom ~ doing all things through Christ who strengthens me. Can't really ask for more than that. Her accessories would be cool though, especially the plane!

2 comments:

Tibbetts Fam said...

I'd just like her figure.....

Anonymous said...

I agree with Jennita, having her figure would be fabulous :) And seeing as I am exhausted at the end of each day, dinner is always last minute and crankiness has been running in my blood, I am definitely not superwoman....BUT god reminds me I am just what my family needs & so are all of you girls. So lets not be too hard on ourselves.