Sunday, November 22, 2009

Practical Hypocrite


So a while ago I posted my soapbox about starting things Christmas TOO early. I still stand by those statements. However, here is my confession..........

I am guilty of being a practical Hypocrite.

Last week we took the family to California Adventure, since the kids had the day off. While there, we did indeed see Santa sitting in his gazebo, waiting for the next kid in line. The line was all of ONE family. Mr. C. looked at me, I at him, and we both agreed to take the plunge. When would we be at Disneyland again or California Adventure and virtually have NO wait? So he talked to the kids, he made Missy giggle, and we took our family photo. If nothing else, I am a practical Mom. I do see the opportunity and grab it! I apologize for my hypocritical ways, but as fellow Moms, I hope you would do the same. Carpi Diem and all of that ;)

3 comments:

LisaR said...

I love it!!! What a great picture of you guys. Hypocrite or not, a mom's gotta do what a mom's gotta do. Getting the kids to sit on Santa's lap can now be crossed off your list.

cathy said...

Confession accepted! Love the term "practical hypocrite" - what a hoot you are :) The photo is great of everyone, and that Santa's face is something else -- he looks the part!

Angela said...

Thanks for the chuckle! The picture is pretty cute.