Wednesday, April 29, 2009

New Wardrobe

So I am totally blog stealing right now!!! My friend, posted a blog about her life and how much growing she has done in the past year. Looking back on her year, life has been rough, she has grown, but she is better for her growing. So in my comment to her, I stated that at least she gets a new wardrobe for her growing. At least it wasn't in vain! Then I really started to think about it.

You see, I wasn't completely off my rocker. I realized that when we grow spiritually, rarely do we want to go back to where we were. Rarely do we want to be the same person. As HARD as growing is, it has several rewards that go with it. Growing is HARD, hard when you are little and get so warn out by the growing process. Hard when you are an adult and feel like you should have learned this lesson by now. Hard when you didn't want to grow, but you had no choice in the matter.

But God promises in Deuteronomy 28, that if we are obedient, there are HUGE rewards. If we are obedient, there are HUGE blessings. If we are obedient, we find HUGE favor with HIM. We just have to believe that He is faithful in getting us through the growing process, and clothe us in HIS wardrobe ~ the best quality and kind.

Now that we have grown, we have a new perspective, a new outlook. When we are not in a growing spurt, we can look back at what we learned and be thankful. What girl want to wear the same pair of shoes everyday? It is good to have several right???? Same here, it is good to have our spiritual wardrobe, to pull from and have variety. A shoe rack or wardrobe where we can see the ol' reliables with the sassy and better new additions.

I see spiritual growing much like a diet. We don't want to go back, because if we are smart, we will see all of our hard work, be proud of ourselves for getting through and want to continuously fit into our new clothes and perspective. So instead of complaining about the growing process I am going to (hopefully) look at the end goal, and the end result and rejoice at how God is clothing me. I have a feeling that HIS sense of style is the best that is out there.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

I Get it! Love it. Now that I think of it, the most "fragrant" people I know (2 Cor 2:14)? I don't even notice their clothes because the spirit of Christ, through them, is so radiant.

(I may still schedule a clothes intervention with Mrs. D...or borrow your red boots...until I "radiate"!)