Saturday, April 18, 2009

The New Nest


This week we got new neighbors. It was a bit odd, as these are the first "new" neighbors we have gotten in almost 8 years. With the old neighbors you knew what to expect, it wasn't much, they kept to themselves most of the time but were at least friendly. Then on Thursday morning, I had just given Bubba over to my SIL for carpool, when out of her house comes my new neighbor with a busted pipe. Nothing says welcome, like a leaking pipe from upstairs!! After making a phone call, and talking to the fire department (they are the next door neighbors), we were able to get the water problem solved. We chatted a bit, and left it at that, we after all were still in our pajamas (okay sweats, but still!) Then my kids came home and wanted to meet the "new" kids on the block. The kids were great (great complementary ages for my kids ages), the neighbors are great, very friendly and genuinely warm. They have a lab,chocolate no less (that makes for 4 labs on the immediate cul-de-sac) There are things that I am going to miss of the old neighbors, but the new neighbors seem to be a real blessing. The most amazing part is this: They are Christians!!! One more warrior on our block of very few believers. This is going to be good ~ well, I hope!

No comments: