Friday, September 17, 2010

What a Week...........

Do you remember the commercial......"CALGON take me away......." That is my week.

For the record, this is NOT my bathroom, but I wish it was. Do you see the rose petals and the serenity that is in this bathroom?

This week, I started to work with the students that have been entrusted to me for therapy. It is a whole different ball game to be planning sessions instead of lessons. To be intentional, while trying to realize that now I am doing these strategies on actual kids, not adults or my own children. It is different when you look at a lesson planner and realize that what is filling the boxes are children with specific learning needs and disabilities instead of subjects, state standards, and homework. My partner, and boss told me I would be tired. She tried to warn me to take it easy. Do type A people heed warning to NOT over due it?! Well, not this one. I am wiped. She too admitted to coming home and taking a TWO hour nap - I WISH.

Amazing though, that when you are in the place that God has called you. You may be tired, worn out, and exhausted all at the same time and in different parts of your body, but are filled with peace. I was tired, but never to the point I didn't think I could go on. I was anxious about doing a good job, but not stressed to the point of being crazy. All week, I had a peace and confidence that was not coming from me, but from my Father, who kept confirming I was where I was suppose to be. That feeling of being right where HE wants me is the best there is.

Then we started with Missy an amazing Arts program with parent meetings (whew only for the first week). We had soccer, schooling for hubby, homework that we are still getting used to and just general crazy life with two kids, a cat and a dog.

Tonight, my parents are blessing us with an invitation for the kids to come over for a movie party/ sleep over. Rarely does it happen that they are asking US for the kids. We are tremendously blessed that they are always happy to help with our hoodlums, but tonight they are asking for them. So after soccer practice (yes, we have to go with Hubby being assistant coach) we are going on a MUCH needed and anticipated Date Night. I can't wait to start the weekend.

Happy Friday, and hope your weekend is filled with Fun Family Memories.

No comments: