Sunday, September 12, 2010

My Weekend


My weekend took me back to Women of Faith. I haven't been to a convention in 8 years. It was time to reconnect with these women with so much wisdom. Our church went as a group, but I went on my own Friday morning. This was my favorite session, quite possibly because I was alone, and could sit and relish what God was saying to ME, sitting among thousands.
I can not tell you all of the lessons that I walked home with in 36 hours of time. I can not express the ways that God reached out and touched me. Funny how such a short time really can make it seem like a weeks worth.
I CAN tell you, that when God tells you to go somewhere, and prompts you to step out from your comfort zone, so that HE can speak.........He doesn't disappoint.
I encourage you to find a conference near you during this season. They are coming, and man ol man is it worth it.

4 comments:

Mrs. Dunbar said...

glad you had a good time. can't wait to hear what you learned and all of the little stories that always go with a weekend away.

have time this week? or are you working 5 days?

cathy said...

oh yeah! glad your tank got filled up. i just love God. xoxo

Anonymous said...

Oh I just love it when God speaks to me like that! It was worth the trip wasn't it?

schronlisa said...

WHAT???? no mention of the funniest woman at the conference?