Friday, September 03, 2010

Back in the Saddle..........

This week I got back in the Teaching Saddle ~ again............
(If I were savvy enough, I would have Gene Autry singing it to you.....)

Back in my life this week were: staff meetings, planning meetings, agendas, long range plans, room cleaning and decorating, and even Back to School Night.

This time around, I am not in my comfortable saddle of classroom teacher. Now, I am in a new saddle, one that hasn't been broken in, or worn in all the right places. Going back as an Educational Therapist is different. Much like Western and English saddles are different. Some things are VERY different, and some I just have to adjust.

I am excited to begin this year with new students, new expectations, and the launching of a whole new career. There is so much that is different and new, yet the comfort of some things that are the same. The smell of chalk and coffee are still a comfort. Excitement in the air, of fresh beginnings and a new school year, for everyone.

However, as great as this week has been. I am SUPER excited to be able to sleep in, enjoy the last taste of summer with my kids, and relax with friends and family. For Tuesday will be here before I know it, and the start of a breaking in this new saddle. Giddy-Up

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it will be fun & exciting, and you will do a fabulous job! enjoy this last weekend before school!

cathy said...

what a neat way to think of things...the saddle...may it break in sooner rather than later!