Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Kindred Spirit


Anne of Green Gables had her kindred spirit, and this is one of mine. We have been friends for 27 years, and counting. Last week, before the chaos, my friend came to San Diego because she was being the supportive wife of a husband attending a conference. Well, okay let's be real, I am only 2 hours away and she normally lives in New Orleans. That and the fact that I haven't seen her baby yet. Then there is the reason of who WOULDN'T want to go to San Diego in the summer? HELLO!!!!



So I drove down, and left my kiddos with Nana. They were going to the movies, swim lessons, and dinner with their dad. I had an entire day to just focus on my friend. Her hotel was amazing, her baby delightful, and the food was good too. We chatted, laughed, discussed real issues and at the end of the day, we both wanted more. I love my dear friend, and can't wait to see her again. I hear some Beignets calling my name from the Cafe DuMonde.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

woo hoo! I made the blog. Had such a good time seeing you B, and yes - it definitely left me wanting more. We'll keep the beignets hot for ya.