Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Personal Tradition

Every year at Christmas time, when I have the time, I only read books about the Christmas season. This is my own little tradition, that helps me in the Holiday mood. Some are spiritual, like the one from Max Lucado. Some are just for fun. These are the two for this season. Mrs. Miracle was actually picked by co-workers and our noncommittal book club.
I have picked this one, because I have seen almost every version of the movie, yet have never read the words that Mr. Dickens penned himself. It's about time. That and it fulfills another personal goal of reading a classic a year.
Happy reading, and if you join me in my personal tradition, let me know so we can chat about it!


2 comments:

Mrs. Dunbar said...

Love it and now I remember why we are Kindred Spirits. I read Little Women every December because its a classic and because its good Christmas/family reading.

Let me know how Dickens does?

Cathy said...

I just heard about your tradition from another friend! Such a neat one!! I want to pick up "The Shack" again because it makes me feel so close to Jesus when I read it :) xoxo