Sunday, November 14, 2010

Thankfulness prepares our hearts

So I was over at Lissa's blog: Humble Pie, and read this paraphrase from her friend (Tracy)

"Thanksgiving is the time prepare your heart with gratitude
for the upcoming celebration of Jesus birth."


If that isn't reason enough to be Thankful, I don't know what is. I never have thought of the season of Thanksgiving, in preparing me for Christmas, and having a grateful heart. Now, my family and I will be forever changed.

These are some of the things I find Gratitude in:

  • Neighbors that we have a mutual "Sharing of the bounty" with. When one of us cooks something tasty: we share! It goes both ways and is such an outreach, that and super TASTY!

  • The laughter of Children

  • The look of pure peace on a sleeping child

  • Disneyland!

  • Dentists and Orthodontist (that my kids LOVE)
  • Sunshine
  • Cool evenings
  • Happy Dogs - that truly look happy
  • The smell of freshly bathed babies - oh my niece smells like Heaven!
  • Friends: old, new, or from the blog world, walking the adventure of life with me
  • The smell of a fire in the fireplace, or better yet on the beach with friends
  • A great book
  • The simple and amazing fact that my children can read (big with a first grader) and more importantly love reading, and being read to. I see the flip side daily........this is a treasure for sure.

What brings you the spirit of Gratitude this week?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

these are great things to be thankful for. if we sit down and think about all of the things we have to be thankful for, it is almost overwhelming. we are blessed.