Friday, November 12, 2010

Medical Thankfulness

We are blessed. Truly, truly blessed. My husband is a civil servant in his job. It is an amazing job that he excels at, but his ultimate boss is the governor of our state. So with the ups and downs of Cali government......sometimes his job and paychecks are - shall we say interesting.

However, we are blessed. We have insurance! Wahoo!!!! Now, some of you may be thinking - a blessing yes, but this chick is over the top.

On Wednesday, the kids went to the dentist for cleanings. This is a process, for my little Missy, but as she gets older, it is getting easier. Good news, NO cavities for either child. Bad news - her pockets are really, really deep and is going to have extensive sealants done next week, where anesthesia will be used etc. My portion of this bill, will be to make our dentist cookies.

Yep, over the top excited because today, all FOUR of us went to the eye doctor (and friend) for check ups. Now, you might be thinking - ah, your friend is your doctor - hook ups! Well, we do get hook ups, like appointments when we want them.....but I don't think its because we are friends, I think its because he is an amazing man and doc. Anyway, all four of us got our eyes checked. Mr. C's and my prescriptions stayed the same. However, the munchkins.........Bubba is fine for now, but Little Missy needs glasses. The sorta funny detail, is her prescription, is exactly the same as mine! So Daddy helped her pick out these adorable pair of glasses (I was finishing up my exam). Now, I am overjoyed because I never knew my little one couldn't see, but in a week, she'll be seeing just fine in class. The majority of the expenses were covered by what? INSURANCE!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am thankful for good medical insurance too! Can't wait to see Audrey in her glasses! So cute. I think you will have to order AG glasses for her doll!