Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Thankful for this week.............

This week, I am thankful for so much. This is one of the reasons I LOVE November, it makes me reflect and focus, on just how blessed I am!

So here is my list for the week.

  • That we go to a church where the truth is told, whether you like to hear it or not. Truth is truth, and we get offended by it, only when we are in the wrong.
  • The weather is getting "fallish" outside
  • The weather is not blistering hot, so it makes me want to cook, bake, and spend time in the kitchen (this makes hubby thankful too)
  • My children are playing together and giggling up a storm
  • My husband loves me
  • My husband is handy, and does things for us like painting the fence (envision Huckleberry Finn here)
  • My children are close enough in age and distance to cousins to play, and have a ball
  • My almost 10 year old will still snuggle with me on the couch
  • When we focus on God's truth, it far surpasses the lies that are trying to fill our brain
  • Because our country celebrates it's Veterans, we get a THREE DAY week for school and work.
  • We got the opportunity to talk to my brother in law stationed in Iraq this week. Just to hear his voice was reason enough to be extremely THANKFUL.

In stealing the words from Cathy: "All of this and God too!"

What are YOU thankful for?

3 comments:

Cathy said...

Easter hope (a neighbor will be with Jesus tonight!)...good friends...a furnace...sunshine...health...dentists and endodontists!...my cool camera...our kids daring to try new sports...a funny husband...a handmade cutting board from freshmen woodshop class...funny tv we can all watch...music

Mrs. Dunbar said...

I'm thankful for you, and your husband, and your Bubba and your Missy, hey, even Coda too!

Now when B is done playing Huck Finn over there, he can come on over here. Ha.

Anonymous said...

great list! You are so blessed!