Saturday, January 09, 2010

Amazing..........


My hubby came home from work yesterday and told me to close my eyes. Then he told me to smell into a bag. What wafted to my senses was the amazing and delicious smell of my absolutely favorite thing: Beignets!!!
I fell in love with this tasty and delicious treat while visiting my friend in New Orleans. I have sought them out where ever I can find them since. There is a popular place in Disneyland that has pretty much the original thing, and I get them when we eat there. If you have seen the move The Princess and the Frog ~ oh yeah, they are THAT good, as the movie depicts!!! The best place though is still the Cafe Du Monde in the French Quarter of New Orleans ~ AMAZING!

Why would my hubby do this you might ask? Is it our anniversary? Birthday? NO!!! He did it because there is a new New Orleans style restaurant by his office, and because I finished my first week of school. He did it because he said :"I am proud of you and your efforts this week." He is AMAZING!!!!! Oh, and in case you are wondering ~ yes I shared!!!!

1 comment:

Cathy said...

What a nice reward! Given by an even nicer husband!