Wednesday, March 09, 2011

How in the world?

We went all natural snow sledding - the snow was waist deep, and thigh high ~ literally.
My precious snow family....

How can it possibly be March and double digits tomorrow? Last week, we were still in February! I am not sure how it happens, but it seems to happen this way every year for me. One day February - I still have plenty of time to plan Missy's bday. Then all of the sudden it is in three days! Yowza!!! Maybe this year was worse, since I had to travel out of state last week. However, it never really seems to fail.......her birthday sneaks up on me. In my defense, I have proof that last week was still February. Maybe the calendar fairy is stealing days and storing them up for summer break (aha, my favorite theory here!)




This year, she doesn't want a party. She has her mind set on a shopping trip instead. We have discussed, and rediscussed this - the girl knows her mind. With three days until the big day, I am glad that this is the plan. Pictures to come, I hope.......


Last weekend though, we took a jaunt to the mountains for some family time. Much needed family time.......Here are some picts!







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

looks like fun! I'll take the beach & the sun! haha. :)