Thursday, February 24, 2011

Words.........

The POWER of WORDS.......
Today I experienced words in the most positive way. I was in a random conversation that divinely turned deeper, it called for me to be real. I revealed some fears and inhibitions that I am facing at an upcoming conference. (Not an easy task, especially with the person I was talking with). The person I was sharing with looked shocked. She replied to my real fears with words of not encouragement but a genuine heartfelt compliment. Maybe this touched my heart in a different way, because I don't have these kinds of conversations with this person. Maybe it touched me because she gave me a boost of confidence at the right moment.
Either way, I left the conversation with a bounce in my step and a feeling that this event that is coming up, will indeed be successful. I left the conversation feeling refreshed.
The power of a compliment. The power of supportive words.
This encounter left me wondering who I could bless with some simple positive words........after all, I chat quite a bit ~ might as well make them count in a positive light.
~Blessings.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it!

cathy said...

yay for unexpected blessings! words can be great, can't they? xoxo