Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Where's Waldo (aka - me)


Where o' where has Mrs. C gone?????

Some of you may be asking, others may have just written me off. I understand and no real hurt feelings. Even this weekend, Mrs. Dunbar commented on the fact that "I see you comment, but where's the post?" I felt like the old commercial "Where's the Beef?"!

Here is a short recap of my last month:

New job: taking more hours, yet producing more joy than I thought possible. Funny, how when you are right where God wants you; you can be crazy busy, stressed by the learning curve, and perfectly happy and content all in the same situation.

Marriage Getaway: Every year for the last 9 years, our church hosts a Getaway for the married couples. For the last 6 years, I have been behind the scenes. Helping those that needed the help, tying bows, cutting paper - yada yada. The last 3 years, my role has stepped up. Now I am the one asking friends who are able to help me tie bows, cut paper, and this year make the cutest (so sorry no picture) milk cartons out of paper. They were stinkin' adorable if I do say so myself. Then the time of the weekend, it is Mr. C's and mine time to serve the attending couples. We are actually considering doing another married group, and leading it, but we'll wait on that until after the holidays.

Kids: Missy in Art classes on Monday nights from 4 until 6, rush home, finish homework that wasn't done in the parking lot, shove food down their little mouths, shower and bed for all.

Bubba: Soccer on Tuesday nights, repeat of Monday. Then on Friday night repeat (yes, Friday night practices - UGH!!!)

Hubby: Ever patient, kind and supportive of our new and crazy life. At least this week, our family underwear was clean on Monday! Yeah!!!! He roles with the punches, volunteers with Bubba's soccer team, and doesn't truly care when the underwear gets washed, as long as at some point in the week, he has some clean. Now we get ready for his traveling season to being.

The rest of me, taking into perspective that life, at its craziest, is not as crazy as some. I for one, am thankful for my life, craziness and all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds like you are doing well, just BUSY! we look forward to seeing you guys soon! :)