Friday, August 13, 2010

Wonderful Week

This week, Bubba has been away at camp. That means it has been a girly week all week focusing on Missy. For the first time she and I watched one of my absolute favorite movies, The Wizard of Oz. She LOVED it, and loves the soundtrack we downloaded.

We went to the beach with other moms and friends, where the kids played and the moms chatted. It was a wonderful afternoon, where I was having so much fun in the moment, that I forgot to take the camera out and capture the moment. Maybe, this was better to be part of it, instead of trying so hard to capture it. We saw a great,big, dark red jellyfish near the shore. We also enjoyed watching a California Sea Lion playing right by the pier.
We went to Disneyland with Nana and Papa, where she was Queen Bee and chose all of the rides and activities. We stayed in Adventureland the ENTIRE day, because it worked out that way, and we were having fun. We watched Pirates sing, and took our time on Tom Sawyer's Island. We did eventually leave Adventureland to head over to Princess Fan Faire, to hear not one, but two princess tell us stories. She was enchanted, and we were relaxed.

I introduced her to Beignets. Fresh, hot, wonderful pockets of sugary dough....... What started this adventure was a cookbook based on the Princess and the Frog, which she loves! We also visited the bathroom in this restaurant that is painted like a New Orleans Bayou and Swamp. Strange to have a bathroom as a destination, but she really loved it! The only downer here was we weren't in New Orleans with my beloved friend.


She had a play date with her two best friends from school. Here they are having lunch in their "Clubhouse". They did everything Girly.....painted nails, played Barbies, made jewelry for themselves and each other. They enjoyed summer as girls and the Three Musketeers that they are.
This morning we get to go pick up Bubba, and hear of his adventures. I have missed him, but I have enjoyed just being with her. I am looking forward to next week, when we go away as a family, enjoying summer before it ends.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like a perfect week! I am glad you gals enjoyed the girly stuff!

schronlisa said...

SO CUTE!!!!!! i am so glad you had a girly week to bond with your special gal!

Anonymous said...

oh i LOVE Disneyland! We had so much fun there this summer! I loved the Alice in wonderland themed bathroom so I know exactly what you mean about that!

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha...all I see when I look at her is you as a freshman. Weren't those the days?
Thanks for checking in on me and my blog. Wish we could get together, but at least we have the internet!

patty said...

she is beautiful! i have 2 boys and a girl, and just now, as both boys are in high school this yar, am i enjoying just the girls time together! important stuff! thanks for visiting again!