Saturday, May 15, 2010

Funny

I carpool daily with my Sister in Law. It works for both of us. She does drop off and I bring the crew of children home.

The other morning, the kids were tired. I was tired. Because of life circumstances, I knew my SIL was tired. So I banked on her being a bit late in the morning. I let the kids sleep in for a bit. We didn't rush through breakfast. The kids were buying lunches that day, so nothing needed to be done on that front.


Then the phone rings. It is 7:40. Who could THAT be???? when I answered it was my brother announcing he was around the corner! He is 20 minutes earlier than my estimated and somewhat normal time for pick up. My response was:



HOLY COW!!! YIKES!!!!
(Okay in honesty that isn't really what went through my mind but you get the picture)

I run upstairs screaming as I am skipping stairs "Hurry! Hurry! Uncle Matt is HERE!!!!"

Bubba is naked in his room, not sure of what is happening but gets his rear in gear. Missy is right in front of me running moving as fast as six year old legs carry her. Literally as she is pulling pj's off, I am putting her clothes on. WE are a team. WE can get this done. We RUN to my room, and yank her hair in a ponytail. Off we rush for socks and shoes. Forget brushing of teeth, or bringing the extra stuff to school. WE are on a mission. The three of us clamor down stairs (giggling I might add). AS Bubba is putting on his shoes and hat (oh thank goodness for baseball caps!), Missy and I are putting on her shoes.

The three of us run out the door to the driveway, where my brother is waiting. Get kids buckled into the car and look at the time. In 5 minutes flat we went from leisure breakfast to dressed, and in the car. NOT too shabby for a Mama who was tired! My brother's response: "I didn't realize I was early, I thought I was on time!" OK, he was "on-time" and nice to his wife, but made me laugh all day long at the hilariousness of the morning.

1 comment:

cathy said...

Too funny! I bet your house looked like a Lucille Ball episode :) PS--I got so excited when i saw you posted! Hopefully life is getting back towards "normal" (relatively speaking).