Friday, April 23, 2010

HIp HIp Hooray!!!!

YAHOO
HIP - HIP - HOORAY
WHO RAH
SKIPPY-DO
YIPPEE
WHEW

These are the emotions that I have felt the last week. You see, it is OFFICIAL!!! I am an officially Licensed NILD Educational Therapist. That is right. My score has been posted, my finals done, and now I wait patiently for the Postman to bring me my actual license that will one day hang in an office with my Name on it. These are the small things that I am so looking forward too!

One small step for some, one GINORMOUS leap for this Mama. I started this school year as a stay at home Mom. Then in October I started tutoring and seeing kids with reading needs at my children's school. Now, I am there almost full time, 4 days a week. I have 15 kids on my schedule with more coming as poor work notices go out next week, and parent / teacher conferences were today. The Principal already warned me that more are coming. What about therapy? Well, with 8 weeks left in the school year, it is a hard place to start manipulating their brains, so we wait until September. I have NO idea what next year will look like. I do know this: God has brought me through this leap of faith for a reason, and won't let down or dangle without purpose.

I am back, for those blogging friends, but with warning. Life is funny.......when crazy, it is CRAZY. When relaxed, it is peaceful. NO matter what the craziness I face today, I am at peace and that is the most important thing.

HUGE thanks and Hugs for the love, support, text messages, and even dinners!

Mawha!!!!

5 comments:

Mrs. Dunbar said...

WHOOO-Hooo!!! Glad to hear that the stress is over for now, and to know that my friend is back. Looking forward to summer and dinners on the patio.

Way to go girl!

Anonymous said...

oh wow, look who blogged! LOL Congrats Erin, that is a great accomplishment!

Cathy said...

I just kicked my heels up for ya (ok, not really, but in my mind I did)! Amazing, stupendous, fantabulous, brave thing you did, girl! Way to go! Glad you're back!

schronlisa said...

i was wondering when you'd "come back" he hee!

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

Have a lovely weekend girl! :)