Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Lemonade........

A blogging friend has made her entire blog about taking lemons and making Lemonade.......http://sashabrodeur.blogspot.com/.............



This has got me thinking A LOT lately. What strikes me about Lemonade, is the time it takes time to make it. You can not simply look at lemons on your counter or in your cute bowl and Wahlah, Lemonade. NO, it takes a bit of time and effort. This is also how I work through my feelings and emotions, with time and effort. Otherwise what I find myself doing is reacting too quickly and getting impatient, and my reward: a big ol' mouthful of sour lemon juice with extra bitterness! So I am working on changing that.


When I am stressed out that both kids are home sick, my Lemonade: extra time to get homework done for me!


Bubba's birthday is fast approaching and I am not exactly ready, my Lemonade: Family and friends who are running around town for me buying food, baggies, and whatnot because they are out and about, and I am not.


No idea what to make for dinner because I am too sick and there is SO much else to do, my Lemonade: Friends who help me order it, or family who brings it over

There is a lot right now, that I could choose to be bitter, angry, or selfish about. However, I am going to choose to take my time in reacting, add a LOT of sugar, and make the best darn LEMONADE, that God would be proud of. After all, HE is our final taste tester, and who wants to be found bitter?

4 comments:

Cathy said...

Oh my! What an amazing post. Thank you for the reminder that we can always juice those lemons and make sweet lemonade. All the sickness and craziness and you STILL fed the birds! xoxoxoxoxoxo (extras for tomorrow)

Anonymous said...

just wanted to say Hi. I am reading! :)

Anonymous said...

I wanted to tell you that baking is one of my stress relievers too! and bread! :) do you have any favorite recipes to share? I have some good ones....one of my faves is zucchini bread. Mmmm.

Angela D said...

I love this post!!!!Thanks for taking the time to share I know how busy you are. What a great friend you are. You will see your fruit soon.